PATIENT RESOURCES FOR EFFIENT® (PRASUGREL)
Resources to help patients start and stay on therapy
- FREE offers for Effient therapy
- 30-day Trial Offer for all eligible patients, including Medicare, Medicaid, and commercially insured patients
- 12 months of FREE* Effient therapy for commercially insured patients with the Effient Savings Card
- 50 weeks of contact and communications to help patients keep on track with taking medication, eating healthy, and staying active through the Esstential Habits® program
- 12 months of FREE* Effient therapy continues for commercially insured patients with the Effient Savings Card
*This offer is invalid for cash-paying patients and those whose prescription claims are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by any governmental program. Patient’s responsibility may exceed $0 depending on pharmacy provider. Restrictions may apply.
Eligible patients can start saving today—download and print an Effient Savings Card
Download our Savings Card for your patients
Each Savings Card is unique. Download up to 10 maximum savings cards per day, but do not make copies for distribution.
Enroll your patients in the Esstential Habits program for ongoing offers and support
Esstential Habits is a free program created by the makers of Effient to help your patients stay on track during recovery. The Esstential Habits program is designed to complement the support and information you provide with an ongoing, personalized patient support program providing live health coaches, doctor discussion tips, goal tracking, recipe ideas, and ways to increase activity.
- Goals Brochure
Visit the patient site for Effient to learn more about what the program has to offer and enroll your patients today.
For questions regarding Lilly Product Information or information about Lilly Medical Resources, please click here.
Effient® (prasugrel) is indicated to reduce the rate of thrombotic cardiovascular (CV) events (including stent thrombosis) in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS) who are to be managed with percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) as follows:
- Patients with unstable angina (UA) or non–ST-elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI)
- Patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) when managed with primary or delayed PCI
The loading dose (LD) of Effient is 60 mg and the maintenance dose (MD) is 10 mg once daily. Effient is available in 5-mg and 10-mg tablets.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
WARNING: BLEEDING RISK
Effient® (prasugrel) can cause significant, sometimes fatal, bleeding.
Do not use Effient in patients with active pathological bleeding or a history of transient ischemic attack or stroke.
In patients ≥75 years of age, Effient is generally not recommended, because of the increased risk of fatal and intracranial bleeding and uncertain benefit, except in high-risk situations (patients with diabetes or a history of prior myocardial infarction [MI]) where its effect appears to be greater and its use may be considered.
Do not start Effient in patients likely to undergo urgent coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG). When possible, discontinue Effient at least 7 days prior to any surgery.
Additional risk factors for bleeding include:
- body weight <60 kg
- propensity to bleed
- concomitant use of medications that increase the risk of bleeding (eg, warfarin, heparin, fibrinolytic therapy, chronic use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs])
Suspect bleeding in any patient who is hypotensive and has recently undergone coronary angiography, percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), CABG, or other surgical procedures in the setting of Effient.
If possible, manage bleeding without discontinuing Effient. Discontinuing Effient, particularly in the first few weeks after acute coronary syndrome, increases the risk of subsequent cardiovascular events.
- Effient is contraindicated in patients with active pathological bleeding, such as from a peptic ulcer or intracranial hemorrhage (ICH), or a history of transient ischemic attack (TIA) or stroke, and in patients with hypersensitivity to prasugrel or any component of the product
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Patients who experience a stroke or TIA while on Effient generally should have therapy discontinued. Effient should also be discontinued for active bleeding and elective surgery
- Premature discontinuation of Effient increases risk of stent thrombosis, MI, and death
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), a rare but serious condition that can be fatal, has been reported with Effient, sometimes after a brief exposure (<2 weeks), and requires urgent treatment, including plasmapheresis
- Hypersensitivity, including angioedema, has been reported in patients receiving Effient, including patients with a history of hypersensitivity reaction to other thienopyridines
- Bleeding, including life-threatening and fatal bleeding, is the most commonly reported adverse reaction